Friday, October 18, 2019

Days like These

I fired up Sunshine, my Bandit 1250s, this Friday morning and unlike the much frostier mornings this past week, she fired right up and gladly stayed lit, her engine burbling and gulping air with excitement for the early morning ride that was to come.

The Bandit and I rode into the early morning sunrise, dodging questionable city traffic and swelling rush hour pandemonium as everybody seemed in a hurry to try to finish up their work week (myself included) so we could all enjoy the nearly 70-degrees and bright blue skies today.

Such awesome October weather.

I finish my work at a nearby Dunn Brothers in a t-shirt, leaving my insulated riding jacket hanging on the chair next to me - I just want to enjoy the wind on my arms, despite the obvious chill hanging in the air.


I was headed for the music cafe that I usually enjoy for a bit on a Friday, but sadly, it has now been converted into an "egg roll" place, and the music scene seems to have all but died there. Ah well, everything changes. I hope the independent and local musicians I've enjoyed there over the years find an even better venue to call home. And, of course, I'll really enjoy riding around finding it, too. ;-)

Not many days like this left this year...

No comments: