Friday, June 8, 2018

The Riding Life



I no longer drive my Xterra as a means of getting from A to B. My truck is parked about 225 miles north of here and serves as a 'haul equipment and tools and trailers' vehicle for the farm.

I just ride. Every day, in all conditions, on the cruiser or on my sportbike, I just ride.

The riding life is really addictive. It feels like with every ride I'm learning, getting better, getting smarter, more dialed into both the bike and the ride. Every mile makes a difference. Every minute on the bike counts for something.

And it's very zen, a very meditative place for me to be. Even when I'm just circling the city or riding to a coffee shop, the bike instantly calms and focusses me on the task at hand.

There really is nothing like it. None that I've experienced anyway, and I've done a lot of things.

No comments: